2023 Union City Tornadoes

Tornado82

2 hours ago, UCStrong77 said:

Who cares what the population of halls is or uc is. What’s the population of the school is what the classifications go by. 

It’s over 11,000 if anyone does care. I guess people in UC don’t procreate as much as the rest of the state.

On 8/10/2023 at 1:12 PM, ysoangry said:

Dresden in 2012 went to the 2A state championship with four or five sophomores starting all season. Possible a couple more. Granted we had a group of studs in the senior class and some very good juniors. They also got smoked by the best team money could buy that year in Friendship Christian. Senior leadership is important but I don't think you have to have nine seniors starting on each side of the ball to win it all. The 2016 Dresden class started playing peewee together and didn't lose anyone in that core group of nine or ten kids throughout their years at Dresden. That doesn't happen often. 

They also got smoked by a 1a school that year too. 2a was very weak that year in the west. But I think it was 2011. But they got smoked both years by that 1a team. 

Edited by horse

7 hours ago, Waker said:

It’s over 11,000 if anyone does care. I guess people in UC don’t procreate as much as the rest of the state.

This is my last post for explanations on this subject  for the people on the back row.  Let’s compare two very like size counties. Weakley and Obion. Weakley county census is 33,036 and Obion is 30,466. Weakley county schools enrollments Westview 566, Dresden 316, Greenfield 171, Gleason 122. = 1167 students. 
Obion Co enrollments Obion Central 751, UC 356,South Fulton 186= 1293 students.  136 more students in OC with less total population. 
In Weakley the more populated school is in the city limits of the largest populated town but in OC the more populated school is in Troy not the most populated town. Yes maybe that does not make sense but that is exactly the case. Based on some of the arguments in all these posts maybe Weakley is hiding students. I do not believe that to be the case. 

32 minutes ago, UCStrong77 said:

This is my last post for explanations on this subject  for the people on the back row.  Let’s compare two very like size counties. Weakley and Obion. Weakley county census is 33,036 and Obion is 30,466. Weakley county schools enrollments Westview 566, Dresden 316, Greenfield 171, Gleason 122. = 1167 students. 
Obion Co enrollments Obion Central 751, UC 356,South Fulton 186= 1293 students.  136 more students in OC with less total population. 
In Weakley the more populated school is in the city limits of the largest populated town but in OC the more populated school is in Troy not the most populated town. Yes maybe that does not make sense but that is exactly the case. Based on some of the arguments in all these posts maybe Weakley is hiding students. I do not believe that to be the case. 

Could be.Think they enrolling them at UTM when they do the count?

42 minutes ago, UCStrong77 said:

I have no dog in this fight, but this looks like good, explanatory information.

2 hours ago, UCStrong77 said:

No need to keep bringing it up.UC is where TSSAA put them.Id rather play them and lose than some other weak team.Win or lose LC has shown over the years,they are one of the true Single A teams to play bigger schools.Haywood last year.Dyersburg this year.Crockett Co in past.Have played McKenzie,Huntingdon from other region in past years.Union City when they weren't Single A.Whereas schools LC size has avoided these type teams.LC has 4 seniors.Middle school just beat Crockett Co few days ago so cupboard isn't bare.So ,strap em up.

On 8/12/2023 at 11:49 AM, horse said:

They also got smoked by a 1a school that year too. 2a was very weak that year in the west. But I think it was 2011. But they got smoked both years by that 1a team. 

Yes they did. Not making excuses but it was the last regular season game with several starters out to rest up. But we got smoked none the less. Worked out ok in the end with a silver ball though.

• 2 weeks later...