Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dee's dad is a fireman. get your facts straight.

The story that is "gaining legs" is that Newsomes dad was given the responsiblity by Coach Wadley to be in charge of home game security for basketball in exchange for his sons tuition. Not a bad deal for his dad if you figure he would get over $300 credit for each of the 15 or so home games each year. He wore his firemans outfit to the games and was always dealing with crowd control, security, etc.

A few points to keep in mind:

1) There is an investigation underway, and that's key. A verdict/decision has not been given because there are plenty of details to sort through, and I'm sure the TSSAA is going to handle this properly.

As Mr. Carter is quoted as saying in the paper: "Obviously this is a very serious issue, so we won't drag our feet in coming to a conclusion. But we also won't be rushing because we want to give Temple every opportunity to give us an explanation." (emphasis added)

Based on a number of the posts, which are full of speculation and little fact, Temple is guilty, guilty, guilty, and have been for years. Absurd.

2) Interpretation can work a number of different ways. Hargis writes, "After the football season ended in the third round of the playoffs last fall, both Skogen and Beard resigned and Chastain was named head coach. Chastain was later fired by the school after it was discovered the TSSAA was investigating several recruiting allegations. Skogen also resigned as basketball coach shortly after the Crusaders won their third state title, beating Arts & Sciences."

Coach Skogen only agreed to coach the basketball team for one year. He made that clear to Temple, to family, friends, and whomever he chose to tell. IF someone were to imply that Coach Skogen resigned because he was somehow afraid of a pending investigation, etc., that is simply untrue. As to the reasons for resigning as a football coach, those were spoken to in the article.

3) The implication that basketball championships won during Coach Wadley's tenure at Temple are now suspect is also completely without merit, and further wild, ignorant and irresponsible speculation. The reputations of fine men are at stake (the Wadleys and the Skogens), and needed to be handled with greater care. Since when is someone guilty until proven innocent? Indicative of the greater problems in our society, I'm afraid.

4) To whomever asked about posting in third person. It is arrogant and annoying, and those who speak in that voice typically make the most ignorant comments. I, for one, wish it would be banned by Coach T.

- Oldhops1 (writing as Oldhops10 because my old account is messed up).

ARROGANT..............................ANNOYING.........................IGNORANT.

How much more arrogant,annoying,igorant can one be than to still argue TT has not done wrong...............

Old Pirate says,statements like the ones made by TT fans STILL in denial of what has obviously been going on.

Boy, I ,for one, wish it would be banned by Coach T......

Almost EVERY post possibly annoys somebody... but more the cry babies cry the loudest..........

If the denial posts were banned by coacht, some TT fans would continue............Everyone knows that TT fans would just say................ I DIDN"T KNOW.......IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES......................................

Posters need to take a little deep breath when reading these posts....... REMEMBER oldhops10, NOBODY forces you to read ANY post,so perhaps you may want to skip some............ I may skip yours also,to much crying for me...

Temple is in trouble and in more than athletics. There is alot more to the Temple story that hopefully will come out and in doing so will clean their house to make room for the right leadership so that more innocent people keep from being victims. There are much deeper issues at work and this is just one of the results. Temple has a history of cutting corners, double standards, walking the gray line and mis-managing monies and people. The biggest problem comes from the mindset of the administration (head pastor) and filters down. They've been able to cover their tracks and keep things under the table due to their history of "inbred" hiring of "yes people" who do not have experience or abilities to do the jobs their hired for and who are too nice to say or do anything to bring things to light. Case in point, their new AD who is the son of the Senior Pastor and is too young and too inexperienced for the responsibility in most people's opinion. Last year i understand that all but 4 of the teacher's made less than $22K and the Director of their Early Learning Center made less than $15K. I heard that she was recently fired because she grilling out on her back porch on Sunday night rather than attending church and it offended a deacon. Apparently, another teacher was told she would be fired if she didn't start attending Highland Park until a parent threatened the school with a law suit. I've heard recently that Temple is making all of their teachers go to Highland Park which i am sure violates some laws and is more proof of their "cultic" nature. What really makes me mad is that it is because of these self-righteous "protected" people that the kids and parents are the ones who suffer. If more parents knew what was really going on at Temple, I would have to think they wouldn't want their kids there. My advice; don't be lured by the "cheaper" tuition cost as compared with Grace, Silverdale, CCS and that "free college tuition" offer. Pay the extra monies and get a higher quality educational, scholastic and athletic experience without all the unnecessary negative drama. After all, aren't your kids worth it. That, in my opinion, is what made Wadley and Skogen finally move on. I hope the hammer falls and that with it comes sweeping reform in that school for the sake of the school.

So they hire incompetent people who manage to be competent enough to cover their incompetence?

The new AD is the son of the associate pastor, not the senior pastor.

A lot of the teachers do not attend Highland Park. You can read in the Early Learning Center brochure where it mentions employees attending other churches. Now they do want the director of the Early Learning Center to be a Highland Park member. I do not know the details so your grilling story could be true. If so, that's silly, but not my call.

Does anyone know if Silverdale still requires their teachers to attend SBC?

I too wish Temple the best and hope they make the necessary changes to be the school they should be.

The story that is "gaining legs" is that Newsomes dad was given the responsiblity by Coach Wadley to be in charge of home game security for basketball in exchange for his sons tuition. Not a bad deal for his dad if you figure he would get over $300 credit for each of the 15 or so home games each year. He wore his firemans outfit to the games and was always dealing with crowd control, security, etc.

Where is this accusation even coming from?

The reason, whether it is valid or not, that the teachers have to go to Highland Park is because the church is paying a lot of their salarys. I am sure when all this settles the church will also have to cover the fines imposed by the TSSAA.

so if there making them go to a certain church (that has got to be the most ridiculous thing i ve heard) i would quit and sue them, that has got to be the most absurd comment i ve heard about all of this stuff, forget the rule violations this stuff is getting crazy, i m sure if you work at Grace or Silverdale you dont have to go there, i dont know how much is true but this is getting bad.

so if there making them go to a certain church (that has got to be the most ridiculous thing i ve heard) i would quit and sue them, that has got to be the most absurd comment i ve heard about all of this stuff, forget the rule violations this stuff is getting crazy, i m sure if you work at Grace or Silverdale you dont have to go there, i dont know how much is true but this is getting bad.

Talk about digging down deep. Dominoe effect like I suspected. Get ready. Each time someone gets mad about what the other said they are going to air his laundry also. Watch it jump schools also. They may even start offering amunity. Its the American justice system way.

I only got to hear the end of Stump when Dr. David Bouler called in. That man is a class-act. He has not rushed to judgment and wouldn't pin the blame on anyone. It seemed that Stump was trying to coax him into saying something about Coach Chastain, but he wouldn't do it. Dr. Bouler deserved a standing ovation for that.

Bill Clinton is a smooth talker and for that matter consider how well spoken and articulate Hitler was while committing horrendous crimes against his own people, all the while thinking it was in their best interest. Hmm...an interesting pararell. The facts are the decline of Temple High School by over 300 kids and the decline of Highland Park Baptist Church membership from 7,000 to around 500 has occured while under his leadership. He, most of all, has the most to lose as all fingers point to him. It was he who recommended and gave the blessing to hire Chastain, it was he who intimintly knows the fiscal arrangments of the school as the church handles the finances for the school, it was he who recommended the new Headmaster with no experience, it was he who brought football to Temple in the first place, it was he who never made good on his verbal promises for 4 years that he would raise monies to build a football field on campus and it is he who runs the school and who makes major decisions. And you thinks he deserves a standing ovation . Of course he hasn't put the blame on anyone because then he would have to blame himself. If Temple truly wants to recover and move forward they should seperate from Highland Park like David Brainerd did with Brainerd Baptist. The church cannot financially support Temple anymore. Otherwise, they should rename it Highland Park High.

Chastain is reacting because he knows that he isn't the only one that has committed infractions and thinks it isn't fair that he is the only one that should be made to suffer. It's the "if I go down, i'm taking you with me" speech. Works good in the movies but backfires in real life.

Bill Clinton is a smooth talker and for that matter consider how well spoken and articulate Hitler was while committing horrendous crimes against his own people, all the while thinking it was in their best interest. Hmm...an interesting pararell. The facts are the decline of Temple High School by over 300 kids and the decline of Highland Park Baptist Church membership from 7,000 to around 500 has occured while under his leadership. He, most of all, has the most to lose as all fingers point to him. It was he who recommended and gave the blessing to hire Chastain, it was he who intimintly knows the fiscal arrangments of the school as the church handles the finances for the school, it was he who recommended the new Headmaster with no experience, it was he who brought football to Temple in the first place, it was he who never made good on his verbal promises for 4 years that he would raise monies to build a football field on campus and it is he who runs the school and who makes major decisions. And you thinks he deserves a standing ovation . Of course he hasn't put the blame on anyone because then he would have to blame himself. If Temple truly wants to recover and move forward they should seperate from Highland Park like David Brainerd did with Brainerd Baptist. The church cannot financially support Temple anymore. Otherwise, they should rename it Highland Park High.

Chastain is reacting because he knows that he isn't the only one that has committed infractions and thinks it isn't fair that he is the only one that should be made to suffer. It's the "if I go down, i'm taking you with me" speech. Works good in the movies but backfires in real life.

Another domino effect. 6500 according to this post. Thats is if its true. Anyone check the parking lot on Sunday to get these numbers? Where did all them church members go? Surely they still attend church somewhere. Attendance somewhere must have jumped dramatic. Why hasnt someone mentioned this before? Or is there a gag order on this by the entire Baptist Church assocation? Where is the news reporters on this? They rag on Washington DC daily. Surely the church is not stronger than Washington DC. If they were prayer would be still in public schools. Unless private schools is what the goal is in the first place. Makes one think. Dont it? Thats considering if all of this is true.

I believe there are a lot of problems over at Temple. I also believe that it is ignorant to place all the blame on one man. There are some good people at Temple; I believe he is one of them. Highland Park does things different than most churches. Just because it is not your preference does NOT make it wrong.

I assume you did not listen to the interview, but he did not back away from the tough questions and he did call in on his own. That says alot about him.

ARROGANT..............................ANNOYING.........................IGNORANT.

How much more arrogant,annoying,igorant can one be than to still argue TT has not done wrong...............

Old Pirate says,statements like the ones made by TT fans STILL in denial of what has obviously been going on.

Boy, I ,for one, wish it would be banned by Coach T......

Almost EVERY post possibly annoys somebody... but more the cry babies cry the loudest..........

If the denial posts were banned by coacht, some TT fans would continue............Everyone knows that TT fans would just say................ I DIDN"T KNOW.......IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES......................................

Posters need to take a little deep breath when reading these posts....... REMEMBER oldhops10, NOBODY forces you to read ANY post,so perhaps you may want to skip some............ I may skip yours also,to much crying for me...

ONCE AGAIN OLD PIRATE GREAT POST