William Blount Football Coach

etcoach

Thats ashame. Players enjoy competing against friends from other near by schools.

Don't take my word for it, there are people on this board that are far closer to the program than I am and they could probably give you a better guess. I would like to see WB play Alcoa - that would put another great team on an already tough schedule.

While we are on the subject of WB and Alcoa. I heard that Alcoa is getting one of WB's players Brooks Cunningham - This too bad, the Cunningham's have been a part of the WB community for 10 -12 years (they already have had five come through WB).

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take my word for it, there are people on this board that are far closer to the program than I am and they could probably give you a better guess. I would like to see WB play Alcoa - that would put another great team on an already tough schedule.

While we are on the subject of WB and Alcoa. I heard that Alcoa is getting one of WB's players Brooks Cunningham - This too bad, the Cunningham's have been a part of the WB community for 10 -12 years (they already have had five come through WB).

Unofficial word is that Dalton Wheeler (rising junior) is transferring to Alcoa also. Most likely would have been a two-way starter this year at WB in the secondary and as a wingback (or whatever the position is called.)

Unofficial word is that Dalton Wheeler (rising junior) is transferring to Alcoa also. Most likely would have been a two-way starter this year at WB in the secondary and as a wingback (or whatever the position is called.)

I have not heard anything on Wheeler or Cunningham. Nor have i seen them. More players always helps though. As far as WB vs Alcoa, the reason given by WB officials was that the game dosn't bring in money. So they go out and scedule a team with a smaller following and a longer drive. Obviously money wasn't the reason the rivalry is dead.

I have not heard anything on Wheeler or Cunningham. Nor have i seen them. More players always helps though. As far as WB vs Alcoa, the reason given by WB officials was that the game dosn't bring in money. So they go out and scedule a team with a smaller following and a longer drive. Obviously money wasn't the reason the rivalry is dead.

That stinks about Wheeler. He would have been great for WB next season.

We played SC for the last several years in place of Alcoa. I can not give you the figure (etcoach can), but they, I believe, brought in more money than Alcoa did the last few years we played.

That stinks about Wheeler. He would have been great for WB next season.

We played SC for the last several years in place of Alcoa. I can not give you the figure (etcoach can), but they, I believe, brought in more money than Alcoa did the last few years we played.

I am not shocked about kids leaving. I talked to several of the parents and I thought more would leave. Brooks is probably the best football player I have coached. The kid can flat play, is a super kid, and has a great family. He returned 4 Kickoffs for TD's this year, moved to QB after we lost our second QB and did a fantastic job. I hate that he is leaving WB (IF this is true and I have been told it is) because I want WB to win and win big. I can't wait to see the Govs in action and I really, really hope Gregory renews the Alcoa game. Makes no sense to drive to DB and spend $3,000 plus to do it when we can drive 10 minutes away. Just my 2 cents.

I am not shocked about kids leaving. I talked to several of the parents and I thought more would leave. Brooks is probably the best football player I have coached. The kid can flat play, is a super kid, and has a great family. He returned 4 Kickoffs for TD's this year, moved to QB after we lost our second QB and did a fantastic job. I hate that he is leaving WB (IF this is true and I have been told it is) because I want WB to win and win big. I can't wait to see the Govs in action and I really, really hope Gregory renews the Alcoa game. Makes no sense to drive to DB and spend $3,000 plus to do it when we can drive 10 minutes away. Just my 2 cents.

Throwforsix,

Why do you believe kids are leaving? The Cunninghams have had a truckload of kids and they have all gone through WB. Same with Dalton Wheeler ... he's a lifelong Blount County Schools kid (Fairview, Carpenters, WB). His older siblings went to WB ... his younger sister will still be at WB.

Did they have a problem with the new coach? Is the grass just greener at Alcoa? What's up, in your opinion? You've been close to the program. I value your opinion.

Is James Rainer staying with the coaching staff at WB?

BC I have asked this question many times myself and cannot get an answer. You know Champ5 was a big Meadows guy. Why? I dunno.

Let's ask it a different way.

Is James Rainer staying with the coaching staff at WB? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

BC I have asked this question many times myself and cannot get an answer. You know Champ5 was a big Meadows guy. Why? I dunno.

Let's ask it a different way.

Is James Rainer staying with the coaching staff at WB? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

APB,

yes ... to the best of my knowledge he's still with us!

and now for my question: DID YOU MOVE TO CHARLESTON?

APB,

yes ... to the best of my knowledge he's still with us!

and now for my question: DID YOU MOVE TO CHARLESTON?

Yes. I have been down here since the end of February.

No jobs in Maryville/Knox/Alcoa = had to go.

I live next to The Citadel and it is great living here, even if the HS football is HORRIBLE!

Pretty much all the good teams are in the upstate.

The Gamecock fans are hilarious. They think they really matter in SEC football.

Looking forward to seeing T Maples play for Furman when they come here.

Yes. I have been down here since the end of February.

No jobs in Maryville/Knox/Alcoa = had to go.

I live next to The Citadel and it is great living here, even if the HS football is HORRIBLE!

Pretty much all the good teams are in the upstate.

The Gamecock fans are hilarious. They think they really matter in SEC football.

Looking forward to seeing T Maples play for Furman when they come here.

If you have not gone to Justines to eat, do so immediately. It's on the same street as Hymans, just a few blocks away. Best fried chicken in the history of the world.

Throwforsix,

Why do you believe kids are leaving? The Cunninghams have had a truckload of kids and they have all gone through WB. Same with Dalton Wheeler ... he's a lifelong Blount County Schools kid (Fairview, Carpenters, WB). His older siblings went to WB ... his younger sister will still be at WB.

Did they have a problem with the new coach? Is the grass just greener at Alcoa? What's up, in your opinion? You've been close to the program. I value your opinion.

Govman,

I have no knowledge of any feelings ,one way or the other, that those families have towards the coaching staff at WB. I do know that I have talked to several parents since I left and not to many have had many positive thoughts about certain things that have gone on in the past year. And many of those things probably are not going to change with a new head coach. (And I have heard nothing but good things about the new HC from people inside the coaching world and out) So please do not take that as a knock on him.

And please let me stop right here and clear some things up: I love WB and anyone who knows me will tell you that. Period. All I want is for WB to be at the "Blount County Invitational" in Cookevilel (Sounds weird huh?) every year just like the other two Blount County schools are. I have great friends at both Alcoa and at Maryville and I don't listen to any of the "recruiting" BS I read on here. Success breeds success and the only way you can catch em is to beat em! And you cannot beat em if you don't play em.

Here is what has to happen (in my opinion) to get WB to the next level:

1. Get the student body and faculty behind you. That means FB coaches actually go to pep rallies, basketball games, band concerts etc. At the Homecoming bomb fire I was the lone rep. To get support...you show support.

2. Get the alumni base behind you by getting to know some of them.

3. Support the Middle schools that feed WB. Been neglected way to long.

4. You ever heard of the Fairview Raiders? What colors are they? And why? I don't care what your feelings are about the guy who runs the thing (I have never spoken to him so I have no thoughts about him). Those are our kids wearing red and black. Do what you got to do.

5. Look for loyalty in a HC. If he has been at 4 schools in 10 years look somewhere else. You don't have to be Nostradamus to see what was coming this year. I will leave it at that.

Again, feel free to contact me anytime. My email is my screen name at yahoo.