Ravunwould agin Mairvul (tha reemaitch)

STARSNBARS

I think the game really came down to the turnovers. ravenwood has an all senior secondary and they really step it up. As for maryville every team has one of those nights on occasion - just happened to be with it all on the line. But they have had many where they have played near perfect football. Happens to even the best of us .

I live close to ravenwood and know a lot of people there so I am happy for those guys - there is a lot of celebration in Williamson county this weekend . I was at a function at Brentwood academy last night and they even recognized ravenwood a win.

I disagree with some people on here - I thought the game was really exciting and so were the others I watched .

Another season in the books - went by all too fast

On another note Congratulations to Ravenwood. Great team played a great game very deserving of that Gold ball. If you are going to lose then you want it to be to a team like that in the state champiomship game.

REBELS, keep your heads up two great teams met and played it out you have nothing to be ashamed of. Either way for either team there were many many others that would have loved to have been in your shoes.

Again to Ravenwood , great game congrats with much respect.

Congratulations to Ravenwood on a well deserved win. We made too many mistakes and didn't execute as well as we normally do but I think you have to give Ravenwood credit for that. I felt their D line was a major cause. They limited our run game, pressured our QB and allowed 7-8 to drop back into coverage.

To our seniors,

Thank you for years of dedication to this game and for representing your families, school, and community so well. What a run it was! Great group of young men.

Coaches, our guys walked off the field last night as winners because they will be better community members, husbands, and fathers because of your impact in their lives. Thank you for your investment in these young men.

Where's the people saying Maryville is the best now? Fact is you lost to a bunch of undersized lineman and average skill players execpt 23 and got you Yalls butts kicked physically.. Apparently the “best" coach and “best" team in the state got whipped tonight.. Y'all still think yall could beat BA or MBA? They both would win by 4+ tds. Y'all couldnt even beat the 3rd best team in Williamson county so how would you expect to beat a top school in the state.. That's all I have to say on that matter so let's here the typical Maryville excuses rolling in

Real Maryville fans never makes excuses. They never said they were the best team in the state this year. The Rebels are a program of great class and quickly congratulate the winner when they rarely fall short. The difference is the Rebels are a champion program. There are too many programs in this state that win one or two championships only to fall back into mediocrity. The Rebels will be back next year. 15 state titles are proof positive. That is what champions do.

Please indulge me while I rant about a supposed MHS fan at the game.  Throughout the game, he cursed the MHS coaches and players.  His favorite word was ####,  He screamed at MHS #1 (QB) that he was a dumba$$,  He yelled to GQ to get his thumb out of his ####, and he yelled at the coaches to yank their ####es out of the game.

I do not know him, but maybe you do.  He was on row 20 at the 50 yd line.  Rather heavyset, black beard, and wore red/white toboggan cap that looked like a mohawk haircut.  If you know him, please express my disappointment in his antics to him

Can't imagine a Rebel Fan acting like that because most of the people I know would have straightened this individual out. Had to been someone not associated with our team to have done this. I've been going to Maryville games for fifty years and yet to see someone do that. Had to have been a cancer from outside the program.

Enough of the good sport stuff. I need to rant:

What is the point in not letting fans on field after game? The last game of night? R'wood and murvil (most of the schools for that matter) brought a lot of fans to TTU and cookeville to spend those dollars. Not enough $$ to allow the r'wood students out on the field with their classmates and family to celebrate the biggest sports accomplishment most will ever have? Shame on TTU.

I say let TTU keep their rules and t$$aa should look for a place that allows classmates and families the opportunity to walk onto the field. They might even cut a better deal for t$$aa. Other towns in TN could probably use the $$ too. #joke

Edited by strongx

Please indulge me while I rant about a supposed MHS fan at the game.  Throughout the game, he cursed the MHS coaches and players.  His favorite word was ####,  He screamed at MHS #1 (QB) that he was a dumba$$,  He yelled to GQ to get his thumb out of his ####, and he yelled at the coaches to yank their ####es out of the game.

I do not know him, but maybe you do.  He was on row 20 at the 50 yd line.  Rather heavyset, black beard, and wore red/white toboggan cap that looked like a mohawk haircut.  If you know him, please express my disappointment in his antics to him

I saw a guy that matched this description in the concourse just after the start of the third quarter, just having a harangue to anyone that would listen...but nobody did.

It was like the guy on the subway that yells out loud to no one. It was weird to say the least.

Had on full Rebel swag. 

Biggest disappointment was the Murvil fans that sat on their hands like they always do.

They are there to be seen and take pictures, but not to be heard. (well, except for the wacko in the concourse.)

But they all had those nice Nike polos and North Face jackets with matching toques.