MOORE CO @ HUNTINGDON ROUND 1 TSSAA PLAYOFFS

ZEBRA35

4 hours ago, Amannamedhorse said:

Three things can happen when you throw the ball and two of them ain’t good. Y’all better worry about making it there first just like we will have too. We will worry about Greenback if the time comes. We got our hands full until then.

Oh we won’t be looking forward. Especially after 2 straight bye weeks. And imo you will be in Cookeville. Have a lot of athletes. Cornersville’s defense is stingy. But they’d have to improve a lot from last year to beat the Huntingdon team I’ve seen on film. Just hope the 4th round isn’t the championship game for us like it was last year. 

12 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Oh we won’t be looking forward. Especially after 2 straight bye weeks. And imo you will be in Cookeville. Have a lot of athletes. Cornersville’s defense is stingy. But they’d have to improve a lot from last year to beat the Huntingdon team I’ve seen on film. Just hope the 4th round isn’t the championship game for us like it was last year. 

I actually find this a little offensive in more ways than one. Obviously you haven't seen cornersville on film then if you are comparing this year to last. Last season's team was good, this one is better. Greenback won the gold ball in the state championship game, not in the 4th round. I felt my dawgs had a sub par performance compared to the games against Huntingdon and Lake County. More things going on in that championship game than I want to get into on here. Good luck in the post season to the Cherokees

Edited by Jobres76

I have a serious question for the mustang faithful. Since the mustang's have been in 1A they have played in one title game correct?. Didn't the stangs lose to Gordonsville?. Since that one title game has the Mustangs been past the quarter finals in 1A?. Not trying to start anything just an honest question. Huntingdon has and have had very good teams while in 1A. I know they won a title in 2A and played for another with a few semifinals appearances in 2A. Just trying to figure out the lack of title games and semifinal appearances in 1A. Is 1A stronger than 2A. Huntingdon is a very good program and has a great history. I am a west Tennessee football junkie and would have thought the Mustangs would have dominated 1A football. Please understand that I am not down playing the stangs history just wandering what has held the stangs back in 1A.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I have a serious question for the mustang faithful. Since the mustang's have been in 1A they have played in one title game correct?. Didn't the stangs lose to Gordonsville?. Since that one title game has the Mustangs been past the quarter finals in 1A?. Not trying to start anything just an honest question. Huntingdon has and have had very good teams while in 1A. I know they won a title in 2A and played for another with a few semifinals appearances in 2A. Just trying to figure out the lack of title games and semifinal appearances in 1A. Is 1A stronger than 2A. Huntingdon is a very good program and has a great history. I am a west Tennessee football junkie and would have thought the Mustangs would have dominated 1A football. Please understand that I am not down playing the stangs history just wandering what has held the stangs back in 1A.

I do believe there have been several years where 1a was stronger than 2a. There have been some really good 1a teams out of the West lately. Don’t forget that Union City was 1a,  Nashville Christian, a beast of a team from Dresden, and some very good Wayne Co teams. And Mitchell!

Edited by Waker

1 minute ago, Waker said:

I do believe there have been several years where 1a was stronger than 2a. There have been some really good 1a teams out of the West lately. Don’t forget that Union City was 1a,  Nashville Christian, and some very good Wayne Co teams. And Mitchell!

Dont forget about Trenton. The team that puts Huntingdon out typically plays for the gold ball

5 minutes ago, Waker said:

I do believe there have been several years where 1a was stronger than 2a. There have been some really good 1a teams out of the West lately. Don’t forget that Union City was 1a,  Nashville Christian, a beast of a team from Dresden, and some very good Wayne Co teams. And Mitchell!

Very true my Falcons had their battles with those same schools. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful toward Huntingdon just really didn't know the answer and I'm to lazy to look it up. Lol

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The classifications have changed since Huntingdon played 2A football & with the all success we've had in years past I would have thought we would have more semifinals appearances playing 1A ball. The Huntingdon program has definitely changed in recent years along with several west TN programs. The talent level for this area has went down drastically in my opinion compared to early 2000's. Enrollment numbers play a huge factor obviously. Not to mention these are 15,16,17 year old boys. Its hard to judge one week from the next with kids that age. 

Edited by Stang3

1 hour ago, Stang3 said:

The classifications have changed since Huntingdon played 2A football & with the all success we've had in years past I would have thought we would have more semifinals appearances playing 1A ball. The Huntingdon program has definitely changed in recent years along with several west TN programs. The talent level for this area has went down drastically in my opinion compared to early 2000's. Enrollment numbers play a huge factor obviously. Not to mention these are 15,16,17 year old boys. Its hard to judge one week from the next with kids that age. 

Amen to that last couple of sentences of that paragraph!

Edited by orngnblk

11 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Mustangs have had some very good teams since we played Gordonsville but no great teams. Great teams get past the 3rd round!