Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

14 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

LOD is a Riverdale fan and hated Gary Rankin when he was the coach at Riverdale.  I remember how excited he was when Rankin left for Alcoa following the 2005 season and when Ron Aydelott came to Riverdale from Hillsboro.  I was one of the people who thought Alcoa had peaked under John Reid.  Semifinals in 2003 and Back-To-Back Championships in 2004 and 2005.  In 2005 they'd beaten Fulton by 40 points.  When they lost the Fulton game in Week 3 of the 2006 season to start the year off 1-2 I remember telling a buddy of mine that night that he's going to get run out of their on a rail.  5 Championships from 2006-2010 and Back-To-Back wins over Maryville in 2009 & 2010 were then said to be the climax of Alcoa under Gary Rankin.  When they went 8-5 in 2011 and lost to CAK by blowing that huge lead in the Quarters of the playoffs the writing was on the wall.  That seat was even hot in 2012 when CAK beat them again in the Quarters in one of the greatest high school football games in this state's history.  Even in 2014 when they lost to CPA in the State Championship Game 7-0 with a backup QB under center there were critics.  Rankin's overall record at Alcoa now stands at 187-18 with 11 State Championship Victories.  They've sent countless student-athletes to college where they've gone on to be successful.  The pressure to win at Alcoa has to be more nerve racking than what many understand.  If you don't go 15-0 and win the State Championship then you are questioned by someone as being the best person to lead the football program.  

I would not let LOD's remarks about your coach be something that gets to you.  

Yup. LOD is a big crybaby!:lol:

On 5/8/2020 at 7:25 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm sorry and don't want to sound negative but what are the plans for social distancing if we set six feet apart. That would only allow 200 fans on the Alcoa home side if you do the math. That would allow three people in the pressbox. My thoughts are to get pay TV ready ASAP if there is any possible chance. Some of these places have no signals or hotspots which is a lame duck. 

and what happens if someone sneezes........sheep stampede alert

Booger just sayin 1427752096-shep.gif

3 hours ago, Booger said:

and what happens if someone sneezes........sheep stampede alert

Booger just sayin 1427752096-shep.gif

Booger last night I went to a Mexican Restaurant to pick up an order to go that was also opened inside for dine in. I walked in and of course the order wasn't ready and someone calls in an order while the lobby started filling up so I told the guy I will wait outside. As I go out there is a couple and the guy was coughing his head off. Could been alergies but the guy had been in the place eating.  I go back in having to touch the door handle twice now and picked up my order and while leaving I pass a lady coughing into her hands and I watch her grab the door handle of the place and go in. I grabbed the sanitizer and washed my hands and left but I couldn't clean my mind of all the things I seen all in a total of five minutes. I pray all this goes away but I've seen to many things just like that so far to feel there is any hope at all.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Booger last night I went to a Mexican Restaurant to pick up an order to go that was also opened inside for dine in. I walked in and of course the order wasn't ready and someone calls in an order while the lobby started filling up so I told the guy I will wait outside. As I go out there is a couple and the guy was coughing his head off. Could been alergies but the guy had been in the place eating.  I go back in having to touch the door handle twice now and picked up my order and while leaving I pass a lady coughing into her hands and I watch her grab the door handle of the place and go in. I grabbed the sanitizer and washed my hands and left but I couldn't clean my mind of all the things I seen all in a total of five minutes. I pray all this goes away but I've seen to many things just like that so far to feel there is any hope at all.

sounds like Barney needs to install that GrubHub App on Barneys mobile communcatin device to...

.....Barney can even join the The Wally World Home Delivery Program and get sum Great Value Flour Tortillas and a can of them Old El Paso Traditional refried legumes delivered right to Barneys front porch.....this will drastically cut down on Barney un-cleaned mind

....and let it b known that Booger told Barney so...it ant ever goin away Barney.......the move has been played

Booger just sayin Grubhub-logo-inverted-251by107px@2x.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 7:25 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm sorry and don't want to sound negative but what are the plans for social distancing if we set six feet apart. That would only allow 200 fans on the Alcoa home side if you do the math. That would allow three people in the pressbox. My thoughts are to get pay TV ready ASAP if there is any possible chance. Some of these places have no signals or hotspots which is a lame duck. 

giphy.gif