MY NEW COVID-19 FOOTBALL PROPOSAL

Flipping football to the fall is pointless. The virus will still be here in the spring and next fall. Its not ever going away. Yes we will probably have more treatments vaccine etc.. but even with those people will still die from this virus.  The influenza virus has had treatment/vaccine for many many years and thousands of people still die every year.    Its time we get back to normal life.   I mean maybe if we gather by the thousands and "peacefully" protest that will be ok 

5 hours ago, rtl112 said:

So your saying just take the winner out of every region and have a playoff.  Sounds good to me.

Exactly. If you can’t win your region then why should you be considered as a state contender? I agree that there will be some good teams left out but each team needs to place their season on line in every regional game. This would be perfect example for some of these young ones to see the way football used to be. Only champs continue to playoffs. It’s life. Everyone don’t get a trophy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sum1uno said:

Exactly. If you can’t win your region then why should you be considered as a state contender? I agree that there will be some good teams left out but each team needs to place their season on line in every regional game. This would be perfect example for some of these young ones to see the way football used to be. Only champs continue to playoffs. It’s life. Everyone don’t get a trophy. 

As harsh as it would be...it makes sense too. My freshman year we went 8-2 and didn’t even make the playoffs, and now you can make it for being 0-10 lol. I’d like to see bowl games come back, but that is just my opinion on things and that’s how charities and stuff that held the bowls made money off the bowl games, but TSSAA stepped in and put a hault to the popularity of the bowl games. 

14 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Teams could practice throughout July and August in shorts and t-shirts and helmets.  7 vs 7 could be played for two months.  

9/4:  Preseason Week 1

9/11:  Preseason Week 2

9/18:  Week 1

9/25:  Week 2

10/2:  Week 3

10/9:  Week 4

10/16:  Week 5

10/23:  Week 6

10/30:  Week 7

11/6:  Week 8

11/13:  Week 9

11/20:  Week 10

11/27:  Week 11 (end the regular season the weekend of Thanksgiving)

12/4:  First Round

12/11:  Second Round

12/18:  Quarterfinals

12/26:  Semifinals (on a Saturday night)

12/31, 1/1, 1/2:  State Championship Weekend

This is not what's going to happen. One of three scenarios is being voted on by the coaches.

Number one move the schedule back to eight games have four rounds of playoffs with the top two teams from each region making the tournament.

Number two flip-flop fall and spring sports

Number three hybrid schedule Winter Sports December through February fall sports February through May, spring Sports April through June

9 hours ago, sum1uno said:

Good point!  

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Think the top 2 should make it, Trousdale and Watertown was both serious contenders last season.

That's true, I stand corrected, the top 2 teams is the best scenario.  I know we've beat the Cherokees several times in the playoffs after finishing 2nd to them in region.

23 hours ago, rtl112 said:

That's true, I stand corrected, the top 2 teams is the best scenario.  I know we've beat the Cherokees several times in the playoffs after finishing 2nd to them in region.

You came back in our Region in 15.What year did you lose to us in the region then win a playoff game?2001 thru 08 we lost in 2004 both reg and playoff but we were not in the same region/District am just curious,I dont remember much of the 90's.Cherokean looked back and you all have never lost to us in reg season then beat us in playoffs as region opponents.13 and 14 we were not region foes.

Edited by orngnblk

On 7/1/2020 at 12:35 AM, Goldenpride said:

As harsh as it would be...it makes sense too. My freshman year we went 8-2 and didn’t even make the playoffs, and now you can make it for being 0-10 lol. I’d like to see bowl games come back, but that is just my opinion on things and that’s how charities and stuff that held the bowls made money off the bowl games, but TSSAA stepped in and put a hault to the popularity of the bowl games. 

I agree. Region winner goes to the playoffs. If you have a winning season you could get chosen for a bowl game.