Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'll actually take that back, I don't believe the two Peabody transfers that I'm referring to "waited their turn." They were not on the Varsity roster at another school, therefore, they can transfer and not sit out. They were on the "Freshman roster" but not the "varsity roster." I'm actually confident that I'm right, but I could be wrong. Point is, the LC poster prefers not to see athletes not transferring to another school because of sports only. However, it happens everywhere to the point where it's pretty nothing the TSSAA can do. I want what's best for the athlete, but I also believe it's time for the TSSAA to find a way for a tougher restriction on transferring. I'm 50/50 on this debate.

For a player to transfer to another school without sitting out,he cant have a sports record at previous school without making a move.Doesnt matter if hes a freshman or not.

Edited by mrbigster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And how does it help the Lake Cos,Greenfields,Gleasons,.Is it really a level playing field?Union City sitting in Single A for years getting transfers from other counties and looks like Jackson Tenn and being in Single A all those years cause supposedely they had a Single A enrollment while Halls looks like most rural towns and playing AA and getting pummelled  every week.And I know they are getting county kids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I'm not blaming any schools.Milan,Trenton,if its happening.Even Dyersburg and Dyer co that I know its happening.But the TSSAA allows it so why not if your those schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

For a player to transfer to another school without sitting out,he cant have a sports record at previous school without making a move.Doesnt matter if hes a freshman or not.

As long as he didnt step on the field in a varsity contest he is good.JV and Freshman games don't count.

Edited by Jim1972

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

As long as he didnt step on the field in a varsity contest he is good.JV and Freshman games don't count.

Wrong! Each school has one eligibility list.  If you play any kind of game you have a participation record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rebelboy121 said:

Wrong! Each school has one eligibility list.  If you play any kind of game you have a participation record.

It also says ANY SPORT sponsored by TSSAA for 12 months not just the sport they are playing at the time.So it looks like Baseball and basketball are in the mix if a kid is playing football.I actually thought it was just the last football game then 12 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

It also says ANY SPORT sponsored by TSSAA for 12 months not just the sport they are playing at the time.So it looks like Baseball and basketball are in the mix if a kid is playing football.I actually thought it was just the last football game then 12 months.

My son was going to where my wife teaches but her school doesn’t have football. So in 7th grade he started going to Cloudland after Christmas break. We thought for awhile he wouldn’t be able to play football in 8th grade. He played basketball at my wife’s school but never played in a game before he left. The AD and my wife went through the TSSAA to get it where he could play football his 8th grade year. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WestTNFootball100 said:

Lake County had kids from Dyersburg Dresden and Covington on last years state championship team.. what exactly are you complaining about? 

Thought they didnt get transfers.LMBO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'll actually take that back, I don't believe the two Peabody transfers that I'm referring to "waited their turn." They were not on the Varsity roster at another school, therefore, they can transfer and not sit out. They were on the "Freshman roster" but not the "varsity roster." I'm actually confident that I'm right, but I could be wrong. Point is, the LC poster prefers not to see athletes not transferring to another school because of sports only. However, it happens everywhere to the point where it's pretty nothing the TSSAA can do. I want what's best for the athlete, but I also believe it's time for the TSSAA to find a way for a tougher restriction on transferring. I'm 50/50 on this debate.

10-4 All of the transfers we have had all came in to the system between their freshman and sophomore year. At least the ones that I know of.  One went to middle school in Trenton and left for a year and decided to come back as a sophomore. We had 2 transfer in from Northside, one from the Dickson area and one from Milan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BigTTowner said:

10-4 All of the transfers we have had all came in to the system between their freshman and sophomore year. At least the ones that I know of.  One went to middle school in Trenton and left for a year and decided to come back as a sophomore. We had 2 transfer in from Northside, one from the Dickson area and one from Milan.

The transfer from Dickson was also from Trenton and came home ! The Northside transfers got out of the jackson school system to improve their scholastics as much or more than Their football careers as well ! I absolutely love the integrity the Tide program has ! We have done the right thing more than most know when it comes to transfers in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...