Transfers

lakecounty1968

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'll actually take that back, I don't believe the two Peabody transfers that I'm referring to "waited their turn." They were not on the Varsity roster at another school, therefore, they can transfer and not sit out. They were on the "Freshman roster" but not the "varsity roster." I'm actually confident that I'm right, but I could be wrong. Point is, the LC poster prefers not to see athletes not transferring to another school because of sports only. However, it happens everywhere to the point where it's pretty nothing the TSSAA can do. I want what's best for the athlete, but I also believe it's time for the TSSAA to find a way for a tougher restriction on transferring. I'm 50/50 on this debate.

For a player to transfer to another school without sitting out,he cant have a sports record at previous school without making a move.Doesnt matter if hes a freshman or not.

Edited by mrbigster

And how does it help the Lake Cos,Greenfields,Gleasons,.Is it really a level playing field?Union City sitting in Single A for years getting transfers from other counties and looks like Jackson Tenn and being in Single A all those years cause supposedely they had a Single A enrollment while Halls looks like most rural towns and playing AA and getting pummelled  every week.And I know they are getting county kids

56 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

For a player to transfer to another school without sitting out,he cant have a sports record at previous school without making a move.Doesnt matter if hes a freshman or not.

As long as he didnt step on the field in a varsity contest he is good.JV and Freshman games don't count.

Edited by Jim1972

12 minutes ago, rebelboy121 said:

Wrong! Each school has one eligibility list.  If you play any kind of game you have a participation record.

It also says ANY SPORT sponsored by TSSAA for 12 months not just the sport they are playing at the time.So it looks like Baseball and basketball are in the mix if a kid is playing football.I actually thought it was just the last football game then 12 months.

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

It also says ANY SPORT sponsored by TSSAA for 12 months not just the sport they are playing at the time.So it looks like Baseball and basketball are in the mix if a kid is playing football.I actually thought it was just the last football game then 12 months.

My son was going to where my wife teaches but her school doesn’t have football. So in 7th grade he started going to Cloudland after Christmas break. We thought for awhile he wouldn’t be able to play football in 8th grade. He played basketball at my wife’s school but never played in a game before he left. The AD and my wife went through the TSSAA to get it where he could play football his 8th grade year. 

12 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'll actually take that back, I don't believe the two Peabody transfers that I'm referring to "waited their turn." They were not on the Varsity roster at another school, therefore, they can transfer and not sit out. They were on the "Freshman roster" but not the "varsity roster." I'm actually confident that I'm right, but I could be wrong. Point is, the LC poster prefers not to see athletes not transferring to another school because of sports only. However, it happens everywhere to the point where it's pretty nothing the TSSAA can do. I want what's best for the athlete, but I also believe it's time for the TSSAA to find a way for a tougher restriction on transferring. I'm 50/50 on this debate.

10-4 All of the transfers we have had all came in to the system between their freshman and sophomore year. At least the ones that I know of.  One went to middle school in Trenton and left for a year and decided to come back as a sophomore. We had 2 transfer in from Northside, one from the Dickson area and one from Milan.

33 minutes ago, BigTTowner said:

10-4 All of the transfers we have had all came in to the system between their freshman and sophomore year. At least the ones that I know of.  One went to middle school in Trenton and left for a year and decided to come back as a sophomore. We had 2 transfer in from Northside, one from the Dickson area and one from Milan.

The transfer from Dickson was also from Trenton and came home ! The Northside transfers got out of the jackson school system to improve their scholastics as much or more than Their football careers as well ! I absolutely love the integrity the Tide program has ! We have done the right thing more than most know when it comes to transfers in the past.