Top 6A takes on top DivII-AA when Oakland Host Lipscomb Academy

Blaze45

Lots of funny things observed:

1. Tata says better coached team won…hmm I thought everyone at Oakland felt there was no way for LA to stay on the field with Oakland due to Oakland’s speed and talent.  Wouldn’t it be the other way around?  LA must’ve been the better coached team to just merely hang with such a talented team. 

2.  Kevin38, JimmyCrackedCorn and several others “ Creasy names his number.  Running clock, etc, etc”.  Great prediction and so much knowledge. 

3. Kevin38 mentions Dilfer’s recruits and Oakland’s transfers.  Interesting choice of words. I guess Oakland is not recruiting but players are magically showing up at that PUBLIC school??  Always hard to explain magic!  

4.  Kevin38 is not impressed with running up the score as Creasy would never do that.  Wonder why Creasy didn’t take a knee in the 4th Q and simply run out the clock vs trying to score one last touchdown?   3 possible reasons:  a.  He’s not a very good mathematician  b. He’s not as good of a coach as many of you have mentioned  c. He wanted to run up the score as that would be more impressive.   My guess C

5. Running up the score almost cost Creasy the game as LA moved the ball down field with no timeouts in under a min left to the 2 yard line.  Not sure who got out coached here but it wasn’t Dilfer. Maybe the answer to the previous question is B.  

6. Blaze45 is impressed with Oakland’s national ranking.   How accurate do you think that poll is?  We know they can’t even get college polls right (Iowa #5, yeah right).  I guess he is now impressed with where LA should be ranked nationally based on what happened Thursday night. 

7.  Arshad221, just don’t!   You take away from the players on both sides by using the refs as an excuse. It’s part of the game, always has been and always will be. In the end, LA had a chance to win the game and didn’t execute…that’s the way it goes sometimes.  

All in all both teams played their hearts out and let us watch one of the best HS games in a long time. Both teams deserved to win. They play 10 times and I believe it’s 5 - 5.  I hope we get to play each other again next year.  Will be interesting to see if Oakland wants anything to do with LA next year. 

Oakland is extremely talented and I’m rooting for them to win the gold ball in 6A. Go Mustangs!  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, LetsGoToWork said:

1. Tata says better coached team won…hmm I thought everyone at Oakland felt there was no way for LA to stay on the field with Oakland due to Oakland’s speed and talent.  Wouldn’t it be the other way around?  LA must’ve been the better coached team to just merely hang with such a talented team. 

2.  Kevin38, JimmyCrackedCorn and several others “ Creasy names his number.  Running clock, etc, etc”.  Great prediction and so much knowledge. 

3. Kevin38 mentions Dilfer’s recruits and Oakland’s transfers.  Interesting choice of words. I guess Oakland is not recruiting but players are magically showing up at that PUBLIC school??  Always hard to explain magic!  

4.  Kevin38 is not impressed with running up the score as Creasy would never do that.  Wonder why Creasy didn’t take a knee in the 4th Q and simply run out the clock vs trying to score one last touchdown?   3 possible reasons:  a.  He’s not a very good mathematician  b. He’s not as good of a coach as many of you have mentioned  c. He wanted to run up the score as that would be more impressive.   My guess C

5. Running up the score almost cost Creasy the game as LA moved the ball down field with no timeouts in under a min left to the 2 yard line.  Not sure who got out coached here but it wasn’t Dilfer. Maybe the answer to the previous question is B.  

6. Blaze45 is impressed with Oakland’s national ranking.   How accurate do you think that poll is?  We know they can’t even get college polls right (Iowa #5, yeah right).  I guess he is now impressed with where LA should be ranked nationally based on what happened Thursday night. 

7.  Arshad221, just don’t!   You take away from the players on both sides by using the refs as an excuse. It’s part of the game, always has been and always will be. In the end, LA had a chance to win the game and didn’t execute…that’s the way it goes sometimes.  

All in all both teams played their hearts out and let us watch one of the best HS games in a long time. Both teams deserved to win. They play 10 times and I believe it’s 5 - 5.  I hope we get to play each other again next year.  Will be interesting to see if Oakland wants anything to do with LA next year. 

Oakland is extremely talented and I’m rooting for them to win the gold ball in 6A. Go Mustangs!  

I dont  remember saying  anything about recruits or transfers, I admitted I was wrong about the running clock, and as far as running up the score, I had seen some pretty high scores for LA when the games had already been decided. After the fact I believe talent was even between the 2 teams. I felt Creasy did out coach Dilfer in the end...

20 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I dont  remember saying  anything about recruits or transfers, I admitted I was wrong about the running clock, and as far as running up the score, I had seen some pretty high scores for LA when the games had already been decided. After the fact I believe talent was even between the 2 teams. I felt Creasy did out coach Dilfer in the end...

My bad Kevin38, it was Ddaddy who used the recruits vs transfers language.  Too funny!  There was so much over-confident nonsense coming from the Oakland fan base that I got confused who said that.  The only reason you feel Dilfer was out coached was because Oakland won.  Two evenly matched teams and Oakland wins AT HOME by a touchdown….out coached?  Cmon!  Anyone who knows anything about football knows that Creasy actually almost blew the game by not taking a knee in the last offensive possession to merely run up the score. The only knock on Dilfer that night was the last offensive play call but  hindsight is always 20/20.  i hope the fan base gets in Creasy’s ear to come to LA and play next year, but my guess is he won’t want to have anything to do with that. 

7 hours ago, LetsGoToWork said:

My bad Kevin38, it was Ddaddy who used the recruits vs transfers language.  Too funny!  There was so much over-confident nonsense coming from the Oakland fan base that I got confused who said that.  The only reason you feel Dilfer was out coached was because Oakland won.  Two evenly matched teams and Oakland wins AT HOME by a touchdown….out coached?  Cmon!  Anyone who knows anything about football knows that Creasy actually almost blew the game by not taking a knee in the last offensive possession to merely run up the score. The only knock on Dilfer that night was the last offensive play call but  hindsight is always 20/20.  i hope the fan base gets in Creasy’s ear to come to LA and play next year, but my guess is he won’t want to have anything to do with that. 

Come on guy, leave it with you lost.  Don't be that guy who critiiczes the victor for his own teams msitakes.  Dilfer's decison to run on the last play of the game was a poor decision.

8 hours ago, LetsGoToWork said:

Schedules are made on a two year rotation. The only reason they played this year was due to COVID forfeits. Unless we are STILL facing this mess next year, and the forfeit dates align,  they will not have a chance to play. It will not be because anybody "doesn't want to have anything to do with that". 

9 hours ago, LetsGoToWork said:

I don't think it was actual Oakland fans doing the Talking ... mostly fans from other schools that were over confident . Most actual Oakland fans on here are pretty Classy . 

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 3:02 AM, LetsGoToWork said:

I love how you have surmised what I think, or should of your Mustangs/ Oakland, Even as incorrect as you are , still funny to read, so I'll clear the air for you. I don't particularly like Oakland or Creasy, but I respect them . Am I impressed with their national ranking? Yes and when Lipscomb is in the top 25 you should be too, but right now they are not.  And yep I expect we will get our clock cleaned this week by them 

Did I call for a Blowout? I don't think so, but I did say they would win, and albeit by 1 or 1000000, its still a "W" in the column for Oakland and an "L" for Lipscomb. There is no almost lost or almost won columns

Finally I will call it like I see it. You felt it necessary to throw me in the mix for your little rant, so jump up and down, stomp, cry , say it was closer than people thought, blah blah blah... at the end of the day All the money in the world at Lipscomb didn't buy you the talent to beat a public school. Proving what has been said for years. There is no substitution for grit, hard work and determination..... not even money. 

• Upvote 2