Gordonsville @ Trousdale

croz6110

23 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Taking advantage of mistakes goes both ways, such as the roughing the passer and the fumble already mentioned, along with some other things. 

Both teams were a little banged up. We're missing two 3 year starters on the line as well.

When it's all said and done, Claiborne was the difference tonight.

Burnley is just as effective as Calhoun except for passing, and let's face it, how much does that really matter at TC.

All in all, I like the way most of our boys responded, and I would've made some different decisions, but I'm not the one making those decisions.

Had Calhoun not got injured, you could have seen the difference it would make. It's hurt us in the playoffs the past few years, by not having a passing game as well.

Hopefully,  we can get all healthy before then.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Taking advantage of mistakes goes both ways, such as the roughing the passer and the fumble already mentioned, along with some other things. 

Both teams were a little banged up. We're missing two 3 year starters on the line as well.

When it's all said and done, Claiborne was the difference tonight.

Burnley is just as effective as Calhoun except for passing, and let's face it, how much does that really matter at TC.

All in all, I like the way most of our boys responded, and I would've made some different decisions, but I'm not the one making those decisions.

Claiborne is Mr Football if Ty Simpson wasn’t in 2A but that’s a bias opinion, and I’m assuming one of those decisions would have been sneaking on 4th and a football length, especially when TC lined up shifted strong and was giving you 3 yards on a sneak 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, croz6110 said:

It's best that I keep my opinions to myself. Otherwise, I get in trouble.

I thought you'll have a good game coaching-wise until the final drive of the game there were some questionable play calls for Gordonsonville in the final drive. But honestly, I see you'll get past South Pitt in the playoffs this year that defense hood very good. 

1 minute ago, RTD said:

I thought you'll have a good game coaching-wise until the final drive of the game there were some questionable play calls for Gordonsonville in the final drive. But honestly, I see you'll get past South Pitt in the playoffs this year that defense hood very good. 

Wth did I just read! 

7 hours ago, biggest said:

Wth did I just read! 

What you just read is that Gordonsville had a great game plan. They had critical mistakes with play-calling on bug downs that swung the momentum. On the 4th and 1, they ran outside when TC had only 3 down lineman. A QB sneak in the B gap would have gotten the first down and an extra 3-4 yards. Just one instance of a play that cost Gordy the game because of bad playcalling.

• Like 1

Good win by the jackets. 

claiborne is a stud and likely the difference as a gordy poster noted above. The team fought hard. Both teams did. 

A little disappointed though that this seemed to be a bit a throwback game to the last two seasons for a B Satt team. Too many mistakes. Holding, false starts, off sides, personal fouls.  Bad snap that was fumbled and gifted gordy a TD. They later returned the favor deep in their own territory. But seemed like jackets were playing a little cleaner this year until last night. Still too many penalties in some earlier games but seemed to be worse last night. 

good win.  Need to play cleaner against Watertown.  

6 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Good win by the jackets. 

claiborne is a stud and likely the difference as a gordy poster noted above. The team fought hard. Both teams did. 

A little disappointed though that this seemed to be a bit a throwback game to the last two seasons for a B Satt team. Too many mistakes. Holding, false starts, off sides, personal fouls.  Bad snap that was fumbled and gifted gordy a TD. They later returned the favor deep in their own territory. But seemed like jackets were playing a little cleaner this year until last night. Still too many penalties in some earlier games but seemed to be worse last night. 

good win.  Need to play cleaner against Watertown.  

2 turnovers and 7 pen for 60yds