Jump to content

HUNTINGDON @ MAHS


footballover

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Now u mentioned that I do recall that from my school days they don’t like to get hit and the way huntingdon play, oh yes it’ll be good, reminds me of pearl cohn in a sense. Talented but undisciplined, you hit them or show them you not a doormat they don’t like that.

I watched Pearl play Alcoa a couple of years ago and before the game started you would think Pearl was going to win cause they passed the eye test but Alcoa was knocking snot from them boys and they got beat bad!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I watched Pearl play Alcoa a couple of years ago and before the game started you would think Pearl was going to win cause they passed the eye test but Alcoa was knocking snot from them boys and they got beat bad!

BPM said same last year when Milan played them, looked like you was spotting PC 21 off the bus ! Milan hit them in the mouth and the end result was a big Milan win ! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

BPM said same last year when Milan played them, looked like you was spotting PC 21 off the bus ! Milan hit them in the mouth and the end result was a big Milan win ! 

Yea I watched Pearl play East Nashville last year and I watched Milan play y’all. When those two met I figured Pearl would win but the eye test failed me again :lol:

Edited by vandyfan1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea I watched Pearl play East Nashville last year and I watched Milan play y’all. When those two met I figured Pearl would win but the eye test failed me again :lol:

Look at Tide vs Huntingdon! Eye test would say Tide by a lot, they showed up and showed out and we stank it up and caught a big L, footballs funny that way lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I think the Stangs can withstand a few quick strikes from MAHS and still win handily, I just know how physical y’all fellas are on the field, MAHS will fold , no disrespect to them just their M.O

Has anyone been to melrose stadium in the last few years? Just wondering what to expect. 

Edited by horse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm leaning with MAHS in this game and here's why:

 I do believe they have the three best athletes on the field. Cameron Miller is as good as advertised, but the other receivers is what makes Miller good. If Huntingdon wants to double team or bracket Miller, good luck defending everybody else. They can also run the ball effectively and does have a prominent running packages with multiple personnel. Run defense? They have one of the best run defenses in Shelby County. Defensive line is big, but they have length at the end positions. I believe they have #50 playing at end, he is around 6"3/4 with some length. What does Huntingdon struggle with? Athletic football teams. MAHS can win by playing basketball, or by playing baseball. 

They do pass the schedule in my eyes. They did defeat Camden by 44. That was Camden's worst loss since 2017 to Pearl-Cohn. They were down by as much as 16 I believe to Brighton, they were 10 yards short from winning the game at the final seconds. They shut Fairley out 26-0. That was a region championship game. Fairley scored 56 to Union City the following week. No one scored 56 on Union City this year. So, they do pass the scheduling check.

For Huntingdon to win the game is to be consistent in the running game, and try not to punt the ball. It's not going to be easy running MAHS, so be patient. They need to maximize offensive possessions as well. The LOS is going to be pivotal in the game. They need to control that. MAHS is going to score, they fewest they have scored all year was 26. Can Huntingdon get give up 21?  They only problem with Huntingdon's defense they have averaged to allowed 39 points to what I considered good football teams (McKenzie, Peabody, Westview, and Milan). 

The MAHS is pretty close to Westview. No, they don't have the QB but they do have the playmakers at other key positions.

For MAHS, they need to strike first and send the message. They have earned the right to be here. But if this is a two possession lead for MAHS in the fourth quarter, then Huntingdon can forget about it. They don't have the offense and MAHS does have the offense to change their scheme. No doubt, this will be a good game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'm leaning with MAHS in this game and here's why:

 I do believe they have the three best athletes on the field. Cameron Miller is as good as advertised, but the other receivers is what makes Miller good. If Huntingdon wants to double team or bracket Miller, good luck defending everybody else. They can also run the ball effectively and does have a prominent running packages with multiple personnel. Run defense? They have one of the best run defenses in Shelby County. Defensive line is big, but they have length at the end positions. I believe they have #50 playing at end, he is around 6"3/4 with some length. What does Huntingdon struggle with? Athletic football teams. MAHS can win by playing basketball, or by playing baseball. 

They do pass the schedule in my eyes. They did defeat Camden by 44. That was Camden's worst loss since 2017 to Pearl-Cohn. They were down by as much as 16 I believe to Brighton, they were 10 yards short from winning the game at the final seconds. They shut Fairley out 26-0. That was a region championship game. Fairley scored 56 to Union City the following week. No one scored 56 on Union City this year. So, they do pass the scheduling check.

For Huntingdon to win the game is to be consistent in the running game, and try not to punt the ball. It's not going to be easy running MAHS, so be patient. They need to maximize offensive possessions as well. The LOS is going to be pivotal in the game. They need to control that. MAHS is going to score, they fewest they have scored all year was 26. Can Huntingdon get give up 21?  They only problem with Huntingdon's defense they have averaged to allowed 39 points to what I considered good football teams (McKenzie, Peabody, Westview, and Milan). 

The MAHS is pretty close to Westview. No, they don't have the QB but they do have the playmakers at other key positions.

For MAHS, they need to strike first and send the message. They have earned the right to be here. But if this is a two possession lead for MAHS in the fourth quarter, then Huntingdon can forget about it. They don't have the offense and MAHS does have the offense to change their scheme. No doubt, this will be a good game!

Good assessment. I like this kind of thought on posts. Huntingdon has a hill to climb, but these boys like a challenge. At the beginning of the season I thought it would be good for Huntingdon to finish out the regular season 5-5 and 6-4 would be a accomplishment. It was a brutal schedule. They have been outmanned on the eye test all season. After all was said and done they finished out 8-2.
 

You can’t use the Camden/ Fairley score as a indicator. They didn’t play Huntingdon this year because of a supposed Covid reason. I don’t know all the details on that but it is what it is. Camden (3-8) gave up 51 to Waverly, 44 to McEwen and 48 in a win to Houston Co who was 0-10. Against Westview and Riverside they gave up 82 and only scored 8 between the 2. I feel like Camden was ready to quit hitting heads and start hitting free throws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
  • Create New...