Pre season 2A favorites

horse

7 minutes ago, pegleg said:

Tyner is for real. 

I think they will be as well. At our place last year they gave us all we wanted and return nearly the whole team from what I understand. This could be their year to represent the East again. Think they did it in 2017 from memory.

11 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I think they will be as well. At our place last year they gave us all we wanted and return nearly the whole team from what I understand. This could be their year to represent the East again. Think they did it in 2017 from memory.

Yep and it was a toss up Ot game verses the last UC dynasty type team !

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Yep and it was a toss up Ot game verses the last UC dynasty type team !

1 hour ago, CoyDillard said:

They get both Meigs and Jasper at home. Had their chances to win in Decatur last year and will have the revenge factor against the Warriors. I believe Jasper held them under 50 total yds last season. 

Last year Meigs did not have the offensive line that we were use to having and also lacked a true rb. Defensively we were sound at all positions. To beat Tyner you needed to have a strong line and be able to power run the ball. We were quick to the edges for the most part, but lacked the overall size and strength to really man handle really good teams. We had to play extremely hard to win that game and just barely pulled it out. We had a half back pass that was a game changer for us. Well executed and had Tyner bit on it hard. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/28/2022 at 6:59 AM, orngnblk said:

I think we are hosting your Tigers and Rockwood aug 5th for a three way scrimmage.Should see if we have any salt quickly!This Fri we go to McMinn Central for AE,Copper Basin and 1 more for a 5 team scrimmage.

How’d you guys match up against Copper in the scrimmage?

16 hours ago, TheCommander said:

How’d you guys match up against Copper in the scrimmage?

Going to try and find out today.Dont know if the even had it Friday they were calling for some bad thunderstorms and it was an hour away from where I was at so I wasn't going to travel that far with thunderstorms in the area.

Just got through talking with a friend of mine who was there. He said the scrimmage was the 10 on offense 10 on defense format. We used our starting defense against Copper Basin did not use our starting offense they only had about 18 players we beat them of course. And I'm think he told me we played Sequoia first and we beat Sequoia. Then we scrimmaged Austin East and they threw a hail Mary on the very last play and scored so it's one to nothing Austin East. And then we scrimmage McMinn Central and they beat us one to nothing.

Then we did a Red Zone scrimmage with all the teams and we beat Sequoia. And we beat Copper Basin. Austin East was a tie. And Mcminn Central was a tie. All nothing to nothing.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Going to try and find out today.Dont know if the even had it Friday they were calling for some bad thunderstorms and it was an hour away from where I was at so I wasn't going to travel that far with thunderstorms in the area.

Just got through talking with a friend of mine who was there. He said the scrimmage was the 10 on offense 10 on defense format. We used our starting defense against Copper Basin did not use our starting offense they only had about 18 players we beat them of course. And I'm think he told me we played Sequoia first and we beat Sequoia. Then we scrimmaged Austin East and they threw a hail Mary on the very last play and scored so it's one to nothing Austin East. And then we scrimmage McMinn Central and they beat us one to nothing.

Then we did a Red Zone scrimmage with all the teams and we beat Sequoia. And we beat Copper Basin. Austin East was a tie. And Mcminn Central was a tie. All nothing to nothing.

Sounds like you did pretty good. Beat the ones you know you should and either competed with or beat the larger schools. Sounds like you may have a good year. 

Edited by Yeti