TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

48 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

If you are saying you predicted a 5 team region with Oneida, Wartburg, Polk, Bledsoe, and Tellico Plains than you are lying or you should play the lottery. That was one of 3 options they looked at but nobody believed they would have a KY bordering team play a Georgia bordering team. 

York had heard a few weeks back they were being separated from Oneida. They don't like it but the time zone was the factor. I have no idea if they will appeal or not. 

While @crow and me were at @pujos Roadhouse Grill and Galax house and we were just yapping about buzzing the tower when @rtl112 walked up and asked us about our opinions on Rockwood moving/coming to 1A R2 and our thoughts on who would fill R2 2A.About that time @uknoit2 and @Gbnation where at the piano singing you lost that loving feeling and @THE KINGwas kissing some girl in the girls bathroom while @Spike016 was walking around mumblingvtalk to me Goose!I jotted this down on a piece of paper.See I'm not lying!!

20221109_092310.jpg

Edited by orngnblk

11 hours ago, mrbigster said:

So  they put Dresden ,Union City and LC together with 8 teams and West Carroll in other region with 6 teams.Union City is loaded and has young team,Dresden I think is young and very good.I think LC will be better next year than this year.So If things go as I believe that leaves 1 spot between South Fulton,Humboldt,Gleason,Greenfield.Think Humboldt will be improved.Dont understand the TSSAa puts West Carrol in our region and Dresden and Gleason in the other and all a sudden,bring them back.So Im anxious to see if Gleason appeals to stay in other region with better chance to make playoffs.Looks like be easier to make the playoffs next year in the other region with McKenzie probably the best team year in and out.

How is Union City even in 1A? Are there multiple schools up there… that’s a mighty big town to have 1A numbers??

The same goes to Milan being in 2A… are there multiple schools in the county?

1 hour ago, crow said:

They played in the seventies and eighties but there was a lot of issues. Fights on and off the field, car’s burnt in the parking lot. That sort of redneckery but it’s a far different time now. Back then the county had just consolidated multiple small community high schools into one central county wide school and the kids playing for Scott often times couldn’t stand each other in the beginning so it was a tense time for a while. Couple that with Oneida was planned by some to be consolidated with them initially but some folks in power didn’t want that to happen and according to some there were some “questionable” tactics used to block Oneida’s participation. All that was a long time ago and wouldn’t have any impact today I don’t believe. They play in virtually every other sport and even share some facilities if one has a facility the other doesn’t have. It’s just a bunch of old heads egos getting in the way. Scott dominated the series back then and some folks just can’t handle losing to Scott plain and simple. 

I seen this and talked to multiple people from both Scott and Oneida that played in the games for 4 years and watched every other game played between Scott and Oneida. There was never a single issue on the field with fights. There was trash talking but that happens in every single football game. There was never an issue of burning cars in the parking lot and there was never even a fight in the stands. A guy from Oneida simply told me, “Oneida was tired of losing to Scott.” Oneida has been called out many times to play and they refuse. I honestly doubt they will even acknowledge this call out. I know they have even been asked in the past to scrimmage and they also refuse. There is not a single person at Scott High against playing Oneida. It’s all on Oneidas end. 

3 minutes ago, JustTHETruth1 said:

I seen this and talked to multiple people from both Scott and Oneida that played in the games for 4 years and watched every other game played between Scott and Oneida. There was never a single issue on the field with fights. There was trash talking but that happens in every single football game. There was never an issue of burning cars in the parking lot and there was never even a fight in the stands. A guy from Oneida simply told me, “Oneida was tired of losing to Scott.” Oneida has been called out many times to play and they refuse. I honestly doubt they will even acknowledge this call out. I know they have even been asked in the past to scrimmage and they also refuse. There is not a single person at Scott High against playing Oneida. It’s all on Oneidas end. 

Often, a couple of kids that are some of the better players for Scott will "transfer" to Oneida. It's a very good setup for Oneida right now. Since you don't have to live in oneida to actually go there. They can stay with smaller numbers but get a couple of county kids to come over to them. 

56 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

If you are saying you predicted a 5 team region with Oneida, Wartburg, Polk, Bledsoe, and Tellico Plains than you are lying or you should play the lottery. That was one of 3 options they looked at but nobody believed they would have a KY bordering team play a Georgia bordering team. 

York had heard a few weeks back they were being separated from Oneida. They don't like it but the time zone was the factor. I have no idea if they will appeal or not. 

Polk and Bledsoe will be the teams to beat...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrbigster said:

So  they put Dresden ,Union City and LC together with 8 teams and West Carroll in other region with 6 teams.Union City is loaded and has young team,Dresden I think is young and very good.I think LC will be better next year than this year.So If things go as I believe that leaves 1 spot between South Fulton,Humboldt,Gleason,Greenfield.Think Humboldt will be improved.Dont understand the TSSAa puts West Carrol in our region and Dresden and Gleason in the other and all a sudden,bring them back.So Im anxious to see if Gleason appeals to stay in other region with better chance to make playoffs.Looks like be easier to make the playoffs next year in the other region with McKenzie probably the best team year in and out.

I thought the same thing.  Putting Gleason in with us, would make 7 across the board for 6 and 7.  Although, Gleason may not appeal with their longest trip coming to LC and Halls.  Instead of Houston Co, McEwen, and Perry County. 

42 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I thought the same thing.  Putting Gleason in with us, would make 7 across the board for 6 and 7.  Although, Gleason may not appeal with their longest trip coming to LC and Halls.  Instead of Houston Co, McEwen, and Perry County. 

I figured they may have one or two longer trips and they may want to stay with Greenfield,Dresden.But would have a much better chance of making playoffs as far as finishing in top 4 in other region.I was curious to why TSSAA would kept West Carroll in our region past couple years and move Dresden and Gleason and all a sudden reverse course.Makes LC scheduling easier with only having to pick up 3 games but adds another tougher team in Dresden.

16 hours ago, Cam615 said:

Could have done worse for sure, there’s always going to be some unlucky draws. I called TC in region 3, bunch of fun regions 

Smith co will dominate that region next season with all the returners! It may very well be the year SC been looking for to win a state title without Alcoa to contend with. Heck, they may go to the championship this season. It pains me to say that because I’m not an SC lover by all means. Just know what kind of team they have coming back