Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

18 hours ago, HTV said:

Insiders in that program whom I trust say that the only thing Scott was "guilty" of was being the guy that neither the current principal nor AD hired.  

Scott's not a saint, and he'll tell you that.  But what was done to him in this instance has a bad stench to it.  

100 % correct.  

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 3:02 PM, HTV said:

Insiders in that program whom I trust say that the only thing Scott was "guilty" of was being the guy that neither the current principal nor AD hired.  

Scott's not a saint, and he'll tell you that.  But what was done to him in this instance has a bad stench to it.  .

Correct me if I am wrong. Mainly two explanations for Coach Cummings leaving have been given in this thread.

1. Whinny parents.

2. Principal and AD wanting their own man.

I believe 1 is probably more accurate. 

Either way, HTV is usually correct when it comes to anything to do with local coaches. I look forward to him posting who the new coach will be.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. RWR!

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Correct me if I am wrong. Mainly two explanations for Coach Cummings leaving have been given in this thread.

1. Whinny parents.

2. Principal and AD wanting their own man.

I believe 1 is probably more accurate. 

Either way, HTV is usually correct when it comes to anything to do with local coaches. I look forward to him posting who the new coach will be.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. RWR!

Willie the whole thing is just like HTV said. Go back and read my stuff about the same thing happened at Maryville in 1988 and it was with the great Emory Hale which you should know well. Everything is playing out the same exact way. The insiders at the school had another agenda. The whole mess created a divide in the fan support and the same will happen here I'm afraid. We lived this before at Maryville and I wouldn't just say this just to be running my mouth. This is a black eye on Oak Ridge and will be very hard for anyone else that is a high profile coach to consider. I believe they will suffer the consequences over this stupid fiasco just as we did which put our program on the shelf for almost a decade.

2 hours ago, HTV said:

5 road games in a row for Oak Ridge in 2023.  

Tough ask for any team. 

FB_IMG_1671729900381.jpg

Not an extremely difficult schedule but who plays 5 games in a row away or even at home?  Please tell me that a coach didn’t sign off on this schedule.

Aren't you stuck with the team and date in the region draw? Don't believe you have any choice about that. Then you try to match someone in the rest of the dates.  Kinda of a sucky schedule though and it's for two years just reversed the following year. . 

Dang had to be a new coach and come in to this mess. But that's kinda Oak Ridge right now,   anyhow!

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

As far as I know he did.

It is an odd looking schedule and Coach Cummings probably wanted it to look different but this was the best he could do. 

The Wildcatss have nothing to do but GRIND and play the games they were dealt. I know most people on here are very worried about what may happen to Oak Ridge but I am still positive things will work out. RWR!  YOU GOT THIS WILDCATS!!!

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

• CoachT locked this topic