South Pitt vs Greenback (Grider against this Ryan and KilPatrick')

Roy Dillard

Blackhelmet maybe on to something...Bass where are the other 1,100 or so posts you say you have...did you have Hillary delete some, while she was doing her emails, for ya.

He's a legend in his own mind. Good visiting with you again last night. And LJ, GEEZ! That man is a hoot. Y'all should lock LJ and GFD in a room with a tape recorder. I guarantee you could sell those tapes for a lot of cash to help your recruiting budget! :roflol: Those two are as funny as they get.

Thought a little more about the game. GB played well, but still not a complete game. Turnovers, a few penalties (some that might not have actually happened, but called anyway), special teams breakdowns. And I think that should be the scariest thought for your opponent this week. As well as they played, they've got more in the tank.

Bass I thought I saw you talking to Gbnation before the game.I thought you said "WHEN" GB comes here I will find you??I was wanting to introduce you to the infamous Pride and the ever so loving GFD!Well any way you all had a good season.BE HONEST I WAS BEFORE THE GAME.YOU REALLY THOUGHT YOU ALL WOULD WIN BY THREEE SCORES??I told you we could play ball and Coalfield was a fine team.I have to change my thoughts on the Lowe kid from Coalfield he IS he best receiver we have faced- not the fasted but all around better route runner and a much more physical receiver than 10.I would take 10 also one heck of a football player but couldnt get separation from Roberts.

Also someone please answer me about Marion?After last night who was the best TEAM you have played??Thanks guys.

Oh one more thing #62 you earned the respect of about 2 or 300 fans last night by strapping it back on and finishing the game a lesser MAN would have called it a night.Your a football player in my eyes!!!!

No I thought we might could win by 2 scores. I thought maybe a 42-28 type win at the most. Do you remember what I said on here several times this week? Someone mentioned passing and I said the only way SP usually loses games is when someone can take advantage of our size and pound the ball right at us. When this happens it shortens the game and gives us less possessions. This isn't my first rodeo. I said all year that Greenback was the team to beat in the east, but that we could compete. You asked about best TEAM? You could give Marion some problems, but looking back I think that night against Marion we might have played over our heads quite a bit. You don't have Austin East down 35-0 and be really, really, really good.

And that's a good conservative answer.But all week when the Pirate faithful were "comparing" teams a few said GB is good but not Marion good.Its an honest question because I watched as much film as I could and Marion was a solid Comparison to us but we can toss the ball much better.All in fun and thank you for the answer.It was a great place to watch a semi final reminds me of our home field excitement!

Here is my assessment. Greenback has a better offensive line than Marion County has and can pound the ball between the tackles better. Marion comes at you between the tackle with a 180 pounder. You guys are much better between the tackles on offense, but Marion is a little better on edge play. You definitely throw the ball better than Marion did when they faced us as well. Defensively? No, Marion is better on defense. Now... I will say this about Greenback. When a team has one really good receiver Greenback can throw Roberts on them just like they did CA last season and really limit things. Remember another thing I mentioned several times? Greenback would be by far the best TEAM we had seen since Marion. I think sometimes that can hurt you because you don't have a true indicator of the progress you have made. Last year Greenback would have beaten us by 28 points so we narrowed the gap this season. I said before the year that this SP team was a semifinal team, but they had a shot at Cookeville. I believe I am one of the most logical posters on this forum.

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on a good season, most would consider great season! Thanks to the fine group of Pirate seniors who walked off the field for the last time. Soon you will be inducted into the rail bird club. The worm turns and soon thoughts will be towards the next group of Pirates setting out to seek Gold.

I kept a close eye on what PowerP was posting after he tried his Jedi mind trick on our QB and he didn't cause this mess.He was quite respectful all week.Right before KO he made some nice comments about our punter(the kid was booming them IN THE WIND) also about our line.So dont blame it on him.GB just big,strong,well coached and just enough fastness with physicality to pull out a victory!

OnB you are just being nice to me. You know I cost us this game. It was on me haha. I laugh at Roy when he says that. Greenback had the better team. Y'all have one of the biggest lines I remember seeing. That 300 pounder is a monster of a man. I said it all week long that #8 was going to be the key in this game for y'all. I know your backs played a good game but to me he was the star with how he kept plays alive and had a good control of the offense. The only bad thing about losing is being in bed the day after with flu like symptoms!