• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

CU06

5A Championship - Knox Central vs Henry Co.

Bobcats have been here just two years ago.  HC has already beaten two other Knox County teams for titles in 2011 and 2013.  Who takes this one?

I know absolutely nothing about Knox Central, but from what I've read/seen, they appear to be very stout on defense. 

Henry County is a physical, run first team that can throw when needed. The defense has been lights out most of the year and especially during these playoffs. 

I don't know enough about our opposition to give an actual prediction, but my gut tells me to expect another battle no different than the ones we had in '11 and '13.  

To all from Middle Tn who may not know who we are, allow me to shed some light on us. We are located in Fountain City(north Knoxville). Our Coach is Bryson Rosser who has coached previously as a coordinator at Hillsboro and Oak Ridge before becoming our HC 5 years ago. We started out rough this season at 0-2 but have since came together as a team and reeled off 12 straight wins. I haven’t seen much on Henry County yet, but I’ll post as  I see them on film and how our practices go this week. Looking forward to a great game with the Patriots! Go Bobcats!

9 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

To all from Middle Tn who may not know who we are, allow me to shed some light on us. We are located in Fountain City(north Knoxville). Our Coach is Bryson Rosser who has coached previously as a coordinator at Hillsboro and Oak Ridge before becoming our HC 5 years ago. We started out rough this season at 0-2 but have since came together as a team and reeled off 12 straight wins. I haven’t seen much on Henry County yet, but I’ll post as  I see them on film and how our practices go this week. Looking forward to a great game with the Patriots! Go Bobcats!

Henry County is from West Tennessee..Go Patriots from a Camden fan

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Henry County is from West Tennessee..Go Patriots from a Camden fan

We are from West TN by geography and Middle TN by region/district, as has been the case for most of our history. We’re used to it :bored:

• Like 1

I saw a great Henry county- Beech game tonight. When Beech had the ball in the red zone, HC made the play like a championship team. So proud to see 4 West Tennessee teams make to Cookeville. 

I am picking the Patriots to win their 3rd state title. Roll Red Roll!!

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

I have known a lot about Central in the past and only yesterday was I told about this current crop of Bobcats.  Sounds like an interesting matchup. I know Joel Helton will be looking down and pulling for the Bobcats.

• Upvote 1