Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

44 minutes ago, Intense said:

I know we have moved to D2 and I’m sure going to miss discussing district 14 and especially our region but I would encourage everyone to check out TCA this year.  Beat a really good Huntingdon team last night 67-40 at Huntingdon.  We play West Carroll today, Peabody on Monday, Crockett on Tuesday and the granddaddy of them all, Greenfield, next Saturday.  This TCA team has a chance to be real special.  They have a lot depth that they didn’t have last year and have everyone returning except one player.  I don’t know if we can beat Greenfield but there will be a lot of college talent on that floor during that game.  I think there will be 9 girls that will play college ball between the two teams.  Maybe more.  It will be worth $8 to come watch that game I promise!  

TCA and Greenfield are the two best teams in West TN right now. TCA of course you will have to watch USJ but keep your eye on Goodpasture in Middle TN. We ran into them in Missouri. Really good team. TCA is my pick to win it all in the private sector. They play like they did last night it will be really tough for any one to beat them. Greenfield TCA will be a war. Congrats on beating a good team in Huntingdon. Big win.

Edited by pioneer42

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

TCA and Greenfield are the two best teams in West TN right now. TCA of course you will have to watch USJ but keep your eye on Goodpasture in Middle TN. We ran into them in Missouri. Really good team. TCA is my pick to win it all in the private sector. They play like they did last night it will be really tough for any one to beat them. Greenfield TCA will be a war. Congrats on beating a good team in Huntingdon. Big win.

I agree that Greenfield and TCA currently are the 2 best teams in West Tennessee....right now. But it's a long season. lol

Edited by SuperFan14A

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt GC will be tough at end of the year. We have had injuries this summer and it will take a minute to gel and get going. 

GC will no doubt be a top team before it’s all over.  Very well coached and lots of tradition!

Edited by Intense

On 11/23/2019 at 8:46 AM, Intense said:

I know we have moved to D2 and I’m sure going to miss discussing district 14 and especially our region but I would encourage everyone to check out TCA this year.  Beat a really good Huntingdon team last night 67-40 at Huntingdon.  We play West Carroll today, Peabody on Monday, Crockett on Tuesday and the granddaddy of them all, Greenfield, next Saturday.  This TCA team has a chance to be real special.  They have a lot depth that they didn’t have last year and have everyone returning except one player.  I don’t know if we can beat Greenfield but there will be a lot of college talent on that floor during that game.  I think there will be 9 girls that will play college ball between the two teams.  Maybe more.  It will be worth $8 to come watch that game I promise!  

I've seen Loretto, Greenfield and TCA play. All 3 are great teams. If I had to choose who is best I would have to pick TCA at this point. Great point guard who really plays under control. TCA's bigs are tough and deep. Very well coached and what a player Ms. Lee is. She is as good as any 1a player in the state. Truly outstanding player.

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Oooooooo very bold there @Croppygenius that's why we play the games lol and in D2-A before you all say TCA is the favorite, I saw Tipton-Rosemark Friday night and they aren't gonna be a pushover at all. Very good guard play, very suspect in the post. That should be a good game in a few weeks.

I really like the Howell girl at PG. She played with such composure. Post's are strong and deep. The Lee girl looks better and taller than last year. Basically the same team that started last year. You cant under estimate that.

3 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Oooooooo very bold there @Croppygenius that's why we play the games lol and in D2-A before you all say TCA is the favorite, I saw Tipton-Rosemark Friday night and they aren't gonna be a pushover at all. Very good guard play, very suspect in the post. That should be a good game in a few weeks.

Goodpasture is good too. Has it all. I pick TCA to win it all in the private sector. They play a deep rotation and that is good but you don't want to take your best players out for too long in these big games. We work out with these girls a lot in the off season. TCA girls are really good kids and they work hard.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, maddams said:

Any of you West TN folks hear anything about Peabody getting beat last night by West Carroll?  I saw Peabody this summer and they looked good.  I know it's early, but that score surprised me

Haven’t been on here in a while, hope everyone is doing well! Peabody is way down this year, first time in a long time that Peabody doesn’t have 2-3 really good seniors that can lead the team. Very young and inexperienced team. Think leading returning player avgd almost 2 pts last yr. What would of been starting PG moved off to Memphis after her mom got a transfer in her job to there. So different positions for these kids. Also the gym was off limits for about 2 months leading up to the season for floor repair so I think there was a lot of missed pre season work which will hurt this group. The school needs an auxiliary gym bad! I will say the future looks good though as 8 kids return next year and there’s a couple talented kids in the ms that will be able to come across to play next year, johnson girls younger sister and a post player. I expect this team to improve greatly by January but right now they will struggle big time till they get some things figured out till then. With Hart getting them to come around about district time , I expect them to surprise a lot of people. 

Top 10 after first week of season. These are worthless but give us something to talk about

1. Greenfield (2-0) - handled a good USJ team with little difficulty

2. Loretto (3-0) - dominating start to the season

3. Clarkrange (2-1) - really tough schedule to start the year, only loss to AA favorite Macon County

4. Gibson Co (3-0) - defending champs, schedule toughens significantly this week

5. Pickett Co (2-0) - solid win at AA DeKalb County

6. North Greene (4-0) - undefeated with a nice win over Gatlinburg

7. Summertown (1-1) - blew out Eagleville, lost in OT to AAA Page

8. Cloudland (2-1) - only loss was close to AA South Greene

9. Union City (2-0) - two wins over soft opponents but hearing good things about this team

10. Oneida (2-1) - loss was a blowout to AAA Bearden