Rumor is Metro is ready to pull the plug

District12AA

15 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

I like HS ball....went to my first game last night.  It was great until the lightning.  Since it was available, I had the right to purchase tickets and attend.  But, as someone who has had to work with budgets and risk assessment/management, I see why metro has this stand.  I don’t know the number, but let’s say 13 teams combine for 400 kids wanting to play. 399 may have no issue, but that one does: lawsuit.  20 or more- class action case.  If we don’t like the proposed 34% property tax discussion, wait until this is added.

I had the right to go to the game last night.

Little Jimmy’s parents will have the right to sue.  Even if the virus was contracted elsewhere, the legal costs, investigations, etc. would pile up.

And before I’m lit up on this forum, I am coming from a business point of view and not Fox or CNN.  

It is very easy to arm-chair QB when it’s not you on the line.

I'm not going to take the time to list all the reasons you're wrong, but you can research it yourself... no possibility of a lawsuit. In the perspective of your thought process, there would be hundreds of thousands of lawsuits yearly from school related illnesses and injuries. To keep it simple, little Jimmy's parents are his legal guardians and football is a voluntary activity. In the context of our discussion, it is me on the line.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

I like HS ball....went to my first game last night.  It was great until the lightning.  Since it was available, I had the right to purchase tickets and attend.  But, as someone who has had to work with budgets and risk assessment/management, I see why metro has this stand.  I don’t know the number, but let’s say 13 teams combine for 400 kids wanting to play. 399 may have no issue, but that one does: lawsuit.  20 or more- class action case.  If we don’t like the proposed 34% property tax discussion, wait until this is added.

I had the right to go to the game last night.

Little Jimmy’s parents will have the right to sue.  Even if the virus was contracted elsewhere, the legal costs, investigations, etc. would pile up.

And before I’m lit up on this forum, I am coming from a business point of view and not Fox or CNN.  

It is very easy to arm-chair QB when it’s not you on the line.

Just like you chose to go the game, Little Jimmy can choose whether or not to play, and his parents as well. They would be choosing to take on that risk or not.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Swarm said:

When will Metro make a decision about whether they're going to allow their kids to play football or not??

I don't think metro will play any sports this fall. I think the powers that be hope other systems shut down or metro puts off deciding until it is too late. Looking for the easy way out without having to look bad and can say they tried. Metro has already said having high school students in school will be at earliest after fall break . I hear it will end up being in January.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, fb247 said:

I don't think metro will play any sports this fall. I think the powers that be hope other systems shut down or metro puts off deciding until it is too late. Looking for the easy way out without having to look bad and can say they tried. Metro has already said having high school students in school will be at earliest after fall break . I hear it will end up being in January.  

I think a lot of people heard Second semester from the start but didn’t think it would effect Metro sports.

3 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I think a lot of people heard Second semester from the start but didn’t think it would effect Metro sports.

I hope you are right. I just think the answer is no but no one wants to say it now which will be very unfair to the players and coaches who have been working to play. just give an answer because if others are playing then metro should too. Nothing is going to change in a few weeks to make a difference. 

9 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

you have liberal bureaucrats running the show. why did anyone expect a timely decision 

I do not disagree , it is very sad to see players not getting to play when teams within 5 miles playing. Sad that kids are getting caught up in any political agenda.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoachF said:

If something were to change with the decision makers, who would the metro teams play? A lot of the non metro schools have moved on with their schedules. 

Just a thought, do a metro tournament of some sort. 

we about to go in to flu season, unfourtnatley we’ve had months of the covid any sickness e are about to see soon will cause panic again.