Oakland best team ever in Tn

StarBright87

5 hours ago, MSURacer said:

The 90's in general were loaded. 

'93 Cleveland

'94 Riverdale

'96 Brentwood Academy

'97 Pearl Cohn

I've heard all mentioned regularly among the best ever teams from TN. This current run Oakland is on has produced some great teams. That year they shut out Whitehaven in the finals like 38-0 has to be near the top. 

The 1992 Gallatin team is the last team that ran the table 15-0 in the 3 classification system.  In '93 Tennessee went to 5 classes and in '97 split the publics/privates.  That Gallatin team will always be the last that won it all with a perfect record only 3 classes and everyone playing together.  

Can't believe with all the talk of '93 Cleveland no one has referenced the Cobb twins and the infamous kick return against UT in '96.  Still to this day the most "costly" play in Tennessee history when he (Keith?) as a Memphis Tiger returned that kick for a TD and knocked UT out of a New Year's day bowl game.  $8mm kick off return at the time.

5 minutes ago, Navy21412 said:

The 1992 Gallatin team is the last team that ran the table 15-0 in the 3 classification system.  In '93 Tennessee went to 5 classes and in '97 split the publics/privates.  That Gallatin team will always be the last that won it all with a perfect record only 3 classes and everyone playing together.  

Can't believe with all the talk of '93 Cleveland no one has referenced the Cobb twins and the infamous kick return against UT in '96.  Still to this day the most "costly" play in Tennessee history when he (Keith?) as a Memphis Tiger returned that kick for a TD and knocked UT out of a New Year's day bowl game.  $8mm kick off return at the time.

We narrowly lost to that Gallatin team in the ‘92 semifinals, 16-13. Great game and a great team. 

19 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Agreed. They have a solid coaching staff, I think they'll be fine

Having watched LA and CPA in person who do you got? I will be listening to the Maryville and West game, hopefully I get to catch most of the 2nd half of LA/CPA, because of my work schedule I don't get to catch many games but I'm always listening on the radio. I did fix my schedule to attend Maryville vs Alcoa and for those who haven't been to that game it's must see

4 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Having watched LA and CPA in person who do you got? I will be listening to the Maryville and West game, hopefully I get to catch most of the 2nd half of LA/CPA, because of my work schedule I don't get to catch many games but I'm always listening on the radio. I did fix my schedule to attend Maryville vs Alcoa and for those who haven't been to that game it's must see

Obviously could go either way, but if  I had to choose, it'd probably be CPA

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Obviously could go either way, but if  I had to choose, it'd probably be CPA

LA is very talented and aggressive offensively, but CPA is the most physical team that I have seen on both sides of the ball this year.  My Warriors are physical on defense, but these cats take it to a new level.

37 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

LA is very talented and aggressive offensively, but CPA is the most physical team that I have seen on both sides of the ball this year.  My Warriors are physical on defense, but these cats take it to a new level.

hey boyz

i like physical

:roflol:

1970 Murfreesboro Central, 12 - 0, outscored opponents 474 - 60.      1971 - 72 Tennessee High, 25 - 0, outscored opponents 941 -  200.      1973 Baylor, 13 - 0, outscored opponents 400 - 99 and designated No. 1 h.s. team in America by National Sports News Service.      1987 Jefferson County, 15 - 0, outscored opponents 562 - 105.