Mairvul goes two West

STARSNBARS

3 minutes ago, chrisburr said:

It fell last year when Oakland went to Maryville in the Semifinals and whooped them, it was the end of an Era

The new classification cycle coming will be the beginning of a new age

Maryville ain’t going anywhere. It was bound to happen sooner or later. A season like this will happen to Alcoa eventually. Maybe not anytime soon, but eventually it will, although being in 3A helps them significantly from that happening. It’s just not  humanly feasible  to keep that dominance up forever. He$&, 6-3 is still a pretty good season for most any other team. The Rebels have a lot of talent in the wings from what I hear. 

14 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'll be honest with you, I take a hit for the team. I knew in my gut they would go over there tonight and lay a  big egg but I sure didn't want to go say that before the game. After you take Vaughn and LaDue away from Maryville they would lose a couple more games than they have, Farragut and Bearden would be two of them. Maryville is totally dependent on those two boys to dig them out of the hole the rest of that mediocre offense gets them into. They have ran Vaughn this year like a pack mule simply because there are not anymore weapons. I have never seen a Maryville team so thin on talent with so many players dressed out in my life. They came out of the bus tonight looking like Tarzan but played like jane especially when their big running back ran through them like a dose of salt. I'm a sore loser MJ.

It’s all good, once again this season will happen every once in awhile. With that being said y’all can still make a run in the playoffs.

27 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I still see Maryville winning three games in the playoffs. 

Well Waco … I thought that too but Maryville seems to be going backwards for the first time in a LONG time ! We’ll see , hopefully they can regroup, refocus and make a good run in the playoffs. The team and the Coaching needs to improve IMO 

our offensive game plan tonight was hand the ball off to Noah Vaughn every play up the middle till he got hurt , then hand the ball off to Ladue every play up the middle till he got hurt … hopefully going forward we’re gonna have a better plan 

Edited by pepvol

3 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Congrats two West.....Thay weal bee a tuff out fer ennybodee inn 5A.......Fer tha furst time inn mimree Mairvul iz gettin' werser az tha seesun goes.....Tha time managemint beefour haiftime wuz jist pathetic....

Onn a brighter note congrats two my good buddee Merit#3.....Mrs. Merit is smiling tonite.....:thumb:

Thanks Stars.  Have to admit that was a tough one.  Maryville gave us everything we could ask for - which makes me laugh when people say you are “down”.  It speaks volumes about your program.  If one or two breaks go a different way, the outcome changes.  Praying for 0, hope it’s not as bad as it looked.  Mrs. Meritiii would definitely have enjoyed this season to date.  Hope we can live up to the hype and finish it out.  

Did not pull for you tonight, but always pull for our fellow Rebels for the every other game.  Your program has set the bar for where every other program wants to be.  Glad Maryville and West will continue the series.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JJrebel2010 said:

No creativity on offense, defensive alignments are horrible. No one knows where to line up half the time. Also I’m not sure why we have the 3 guys over there signaling in plays after Hunt calls it in, but that needs to be thrown out. Always on the verge of a delay of game. No organization and no discipline. I’ve never seen it this bad. 

I think we threw two pics behind or around the LOS. That might be a sign that we are an easy scout.

West looked to be the far superior team especially on both sides of the line of scrimmage, at the skill positions, and on special teams; but IMO they also looked too one dimensional on offense. I’m sure the good folks in Bradley county will be anxious to help us right the ship next week.

4 should get some reps at qb to prepare for next year. Evidently we don’t have any competition at that position.

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Congratulations on beating the worst Maryville High team since 1996. This team is so bad it lost to Cleveland.

What concerns me is  this. In 1996 Maryville struggled because of so many sophomores starting which made the 98 team tougher.  In 2000 and 2009 Maryville struggled some because of playing a bunch of sophomores.  2018 team lost to Alcoa and Oakland but that team was Junior dominated.  This years team is senior dominated.  Only 1 starter returns on defense.  Offense loses a lot plus no upper class man Quarterback to lean on. I think next year will be worse.

• Like 1