Who Can Play with Alcoa in 3A

logcabinman

Coach the Middlesboro game was the last game of the two game contract for the city/county bowl in Ky. Rankin's comments were in reference to having a competitive game to tune up for the rivarly game. Be honest a lopsided 64-0 game is not much of a tune-up for the likes of Maryville.

Turns out that there are at least two Kentucky teams weaker than Middlesboro:

Middlesboro 13

Letcher County Central 9

And, Letcher County Central had won its first game the week before.

I'd like to see Alcoa play a schedule that looks something like this just for mere entertainment:

1. Maryville

2. Byrnes HS (South Carolina)

3. Brentwood Academy

4. MUS

-Bye-

5. St. Thomas Aquinas (Florida)

6. Fort Campbell (Kentucky)

7. Farragut

8. CAK

9. Knox Catholic

10. MBA

I think one of those teams would have the opportunity to catch Alcoa on a down week. :roflol:

Just kidding. But in all seriousness, gotta give mad props to that program.

Pretty good schedule. However, you can drop Farragut. We beat them every year in pre-season game type scrimmages. Love to play the Irish though!

Nobody in 3a has a prayer to beat Alcoa.

Thank You Antwan. That is what everyone should be saying and then leaving it at that period!

That mock schedule someone posted earlier is insane. Nobody could play that schedule and go 10-0. That's like an all-star schedule on a weekly basis.

I believe that CAK is the only team on the eastern side of the bracket that can even make Alcoa interested in playing a "real" game at this point. Sorry folks but Tyner and Austin East are 0-2 for a reason.

Alcoa will be in the state title game once again this year. I look for them to play either Smith County or Goodpasture in that game as well. I don't see either of those teams really competing for 4 quarters with the Tornadoes but they both have the players and the coaching to get past the west-TN teams (Camden, Milan, or Westview) this November in the playoffs.

In order to answer the main purpose of this thread though..........Alcoa is above and beyond anyone in 3A!

Tyner, if they stop making so many mistakes. They had 450 yards vs Baylor tonight despite four turnovers, and lost. Six turnovers last week vs Ooltewah.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_182824.asp

Sorry Indian...I have coached against Alcoa recently and I can assure you that this is probably Coach Rankin's best team so far. Tyner would be way over matched and I have a lot of respect for Wayne and his program at Tyner.

I don't feel like starting another Alcoa thread, but from indications during the game Good Counsel out of Maryland is a smaller school and I was not impressed with them. I thought Alcoa would handle them easily. This matchup needs to happen. Would give TN football a lot of respect.

Make it happen APB and BCSF!

I don't feel like starting another Alcoa thread, but from indications during the game Good Counsel out of Maryland is a smaller school and I was not impressed with them. I thought Alcoa would handle them easily. This matchup needs to happen. Would give TN football a lot of respect.

Make it happen APB and BCSF!

I don't usually do this whole "Alcoa should play this or that team to prove themselves" game, however since I have been living in the DC metropolitan area for 20+ years now i have to tell you that I was completely shocked (and a bit taken aback) when I saw that Good Counsel was ranked in the top 20 according to Rivals. In a search for great HS football in this area (including atmosphere) with the exception of Dematha and a couple of others, the pickings have been slim. Anyway for the sake of not climbing too high on this soapbox and shouting "Alcoa vs the world" I'm still shaking my head at the whole Good Counsel thing (SMH)

Edited by alcoafan72