East TN Coaching Changes

SGHSAlum93

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't happen in Knox County Public Schools.  Head football coaches are also teachers, or in the case of Clark Duncan, an administrator (assistant principal/AD).  

There are some private schools in the area that have non-faculty/administrative head football coaches, but off the top of my head I can't think of any public schools that doe, or at least at the 3A through 6A level, which I am more familiar with than the 1A and 2A schools.  

The private schools have to go by the same TSSAA rules as the public schools. The rule just applies to "major" sports, "minor" sports don't have the same guidelines.

The private schools have to go by the same TSSAA rules as the public schools. The rule just applies to "major" sports, "minor" sports don't have the same guidelines.

You aren't reading to what I am posting.  

There are TSSAA "rules" and then there are additional guidelines that the Knox County Schools - the public school system - goes by, and they are different.  

Edited by HTV

You aren't reading to what I am posting.  

There are TSSAA "rules" and then there are additional guidelines that the Knox County Schools - the public school system - goes by, and they are different.  

I was referring to your second paragraph regarding non-faculty head coaches. Some others had stated that there were private head coaches that weren't faculty or administrators. My thought was not in a major sport. My point was it's not like the private schools can just ignore the TSSAA guidelines and hire whoever they want.

IMO, West is a darn good job, it is good that the current parties split ways now before the program lost a lot of their athletes. Whoever comes in now should have a good amount of athletes to work with. Hope West makes a good hire.

Exactly wasn't the best hire,like you im glad its over so they can get back to being West!